Re: OpenLDAP find attributes in SQL server

>  I have OpenLDAP server that it need to get some attributes in SQL server.
>  Is this possible ?
>
>  I need use SQL too, I can´t put all information in LDAP.

Use back-sql, and make sure you're using the latest release of the code.
Have a look at slapd-sql(5) man page for slapd configuration details, and
at <http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/978.html> and at the examples
provided in servers/slapd/back-sql/rdbms_depend/ subdirectories for the
SQL side of the configuration.

Note that, although present in the distribution, not all the listed
RDBMSes are actively supported.  At present, only PostgreSQL and IBM
DB2/UDB are fully supported, with limited support for MySQL.  Other may
work, but you're on your own.  In any case, you'll have to code yourself
the mapping between your database and LDAP objectClasses and
attributeTypes, based on your data layout.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati
mailto:pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it