Re: OpenLDAP not logging

--On Tuesday, January 04, 2005 2:22 PM -0500 JD <jd_borozo@borozo.com> wrote:

I am unable to get OpenLDAP to log. Here is my setup:

- FreeBSD 4.10-RELEASE
- openldap-sasl-server-2.2.19
- openldap-sasl-client-2.2.19

Set loglevel -1 in slapd.conf.

Try 256 first.

Set local4.* /var/log/ldap.log in /etc/syslog.conf (rebooted)

Was the entry tab seperated?

All you really need to do is redirect local4.debug:

local4.debug            /var/log/ldap

# syslog.conf -- Disposition of syslog log messages. # $Id: syslog.conf,v 1.7 2004/02/24 01:00:07 quanah Exp $ # Note that this file *MUST* be tab-separated.

mail.debug                      /var/log/mail
local4.debug                    /var/log/ldap
*.debug;mark.debug;mail.none;local4.none        /var/log/syslog
*.err                           /dev/console
*.emerg                         *

is an example.

--Quanah

--