Re: error that doesn't make sense to me

On Sun, 2005-01-02 at 18:42 -0800, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
> At 05:45 PM 1/2/2005, Craig White wrote:
> >OK then - can you suggest a log level that I can use (I have set a lot
> >of different combinations) that will help me diagnose where I am going
> >wrong with client connection? I see the codes from man slapd.conf but
> >each one I try doesn't help me see what isn't working.
>
> Digging through logs (which -1 will give you plenty to dig
> through) will aide you in understanding what the actual search
> request was, as well as details of the response, it may not be
> terribly useful to understand why the client isn't working.
> That's because the logs won't tell you want the client
> expected in response to its requests, only what the server
> responded.
----
I understand the differentiation you are making about what the logs will
and won't contain.

I was up to loglevel 4095 and wasn't getting the type of info that was
pouring across screen on starting slapd -d -1  - I didn't realize that I
could use -1 in slapd.conf. I wish it were listed in log levels in man
page.

Thanks

Craig