Re: Building 2.2.19 from source

On Fri, 2004-12-31 at 18:02 +0100, Tony Earnshaw wrote:
> Craig White:
>
> [...]
>
> > went back and compiled separate branch of openssl for /usr/local and then
>
> [...]
>
> > In file included from /usr/include/openssl/ssl.h:179,
> > from tls.c:41: /usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:136: syntax error before
>
> [...]
>

> See anything untoward above?
----
when you put it like that, yeah. Sorry I am so unlearned but am grateful
for the fish.

I got it compiled installed and working - !WHEW!

I borrowed redhat's sysv startup script and modified it a bit and only
had one problem with existing ldif which I removed the problem and will
revisit later. Things apparently are working which is cool but of
course, there is so much to check and so much that I don't know.

Thanks Tony, Jonathon, Gary (I'm too chicken to actually replace stuff
from RHEL), Kurt and Quanah, whose help was invaluable.

I will in relatively short order post up the steps I used for commentary
and for use by others suffering from 2.0.27 RHEL-3

Craig