Re: [ldapadd] Database creation error

> Hi everyone,
>
> It's the first time i use a ldap software, this should be a tricky
> error, but i can't manage to solve it.
>
> I'm getting errors when i try to create the database. Here is the
> verbose output :
>
> ldapadd -x -W -h localhost -P2 -f /etc/openldap/openca.ldif -v
> ldap_init( localhost, 0 )
> Enter LDAP Password:
> add objectclass:
>          top
>          organization
> add o:
>          esiea
> add postaladdress:
>          9 rue Vesale, Paris
> add postalcode:
>          75005
> add telephonenumber:
>          +33 1 55 43 23 23
> adding new entry "cn=atelier35,ou=iti,o=esiea,c=fr"
> ldap_add: Operations error
>
> ldif_record() = 1
> zsh: exit 1     ldapadd -x -W -h localhost -P2 -f
> /etc/openldap/openca.ldif -v
>
> There is no logs or other debug that gives me a real information about
> what's going wrong.
>
> My slapd.conf seems good...
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> --

I would recommend starting slapd in debug mode so you can read the debug
info from the actual server.

You can use -d <level> on the command line to start it.

There is a table on this page that shows the different debug logs.
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin22/slapdconfig.html

Kill slapd, and then start it with something like

/usr/local/libexec/slapd -d1

Run the ldapadd and check the debug info on the server side.