slap_auxprop: attribute type undefined

Hi All,

I just installed openldap-2.2.17 with LDAP
auxprop plugin for SASL-enabled servers.
However, authentication is not going through
successfully. Following is the debug message
where I think it's failing:

slap_auxprop: str2ad(cmusaslsecretDIGEST-MD5): attribute type undefined
send_ldap_result: conn=0 op=0 p=3
SASL [conn=0] Failure: client response doesn't match what we generated

I'm assuming that auxprop is trying to look
for the password in the ldap directory, but
it's not trying to match it with userPassword,
but with cmusaslsecretDIGEST-MD5, which is
a non-existent property. Is this what is
happening? How can I correct this problem?
Is there a way to force it to compare with
userPassword?

Thanks.

-ammar