Re: What is the proper way to set up a jdbc-ldap filter using NOT or !

The JDBC-LDAP bridge transforms an SQL infix WHERE clause into an LDAP filter. So you would use "NOT" :

select sn from OU=some_ou,dc=some_domain,dc=some_forest where NOT sn=some_surname

The bridge will respect parenthesis as well.

Marc Boorshtein
Sr. Software Engineer, Octet String
marc.boorshtein@octetstring.com