problem with db_stat

Hallo everybody,

I am not sure that this message is relevant for this list, however still
may be interesting.

When I was adding entries to LDAP server (2.2.19) with bdb backend
(BerkeleyDB-4.3.21.NC) using ldapadd, I have issued db_stat -m command
to see what happens to my cache. As result, ldapadd crashed with error
message similar to "internal error", and db_stat produced following:

db_stat: log.0000000254: log file open failed: No such file or directory
db_stat: PANIC: No such file or directory
db_stat: DB_ENV->log_put: 254: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database
recovery
db_stat: dbenv->close: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database
recovery

Log file was actually present, since slapd was operating properly, thus
there are actually two options:

1) I am not allowed to use db_stat with running LDAP server, which is
odd

2) There is a bug somewhere, probably in Berkeley DB. Just wanted to ask
you if you think the same, as my knowledge in this area is almost zero.

Thanx a lot and best regards, vadim tarassov.