Re: Something unclear about OpenLDAP server.

--On Thursday, December 16, 2004 9:39 PM +0800 Penghui Wang <wangpenghui@realss.com> wrote:

hi all:

    I am a new administrator. And I am use OpenLDAP + Cyrus-IMAPd+Postfix
to implement my Email Server. And all the entries  in OpenLDAP are all
the accounts of another Collaboration
    Now there are about 500 entries in my OpenLDAP database.
But it have been crashed four times during half a year. 500 is hearvy for
a OpenLDAP server?
Or any other configuration problems?
Here are my configuration:
include         /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/corba.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/java.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/misc.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/openldap.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/qmail.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/phpgwcontact.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/phpgwaccount.schema
pidfile         /var/run/openldap/slapd.pid
argsfile        /var/run/openldap/slapd.args
timelimit       30
loglevel        256
password-hash   {MD5}
disallow        bind_anon
database        bdb
suffix          "dc=example,dc=com"
rootdn          "cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=com"
rootpw          password
directory       /var/lib/openldap-data
index   objectClass     eq

Because of the entries would often change. So i have not set the index.
Each time after it crashed, I clean the /var/lib/openldap-data/ then
import the backup ldif file. Then it would work well.
I remind that one time it said could not init the BDB. Another time it
said nothing.

I am not good at it. So i ask for your help.

Thanks in advance.

My current version is openldap-2.1.30-r1 in a gentoo box.

It looks like you are missing indexing that you likely need, for starters. I suggest figuring out what search filters are being performed, and indexing appropriately. See <http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?_highlightWords=index&file=42>

Also, you don't say what your DB_CONFIG file for BDB looks like (or you don't have one). You need to properly configure your BDB database as well via the DB_CONFIG file. See <http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/1075.html>

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer
ITSS/Shared Services
Stanford University