[Date Prev][Date Next]
RE: Configure OpenLDAP 2.2.19 with Berkeley 4.3.21 on Solaris
- To: <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: RE: Configure OpenLDAP 2.2.19 with Berkeley 4.3.21 on Solaris
- From: "Reinhard Nappert" <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 15:37:58 -0500
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcTiGxnPfr2a8Dj6QsaDICZnFqI0bwAAQwFQ
- Thread-topic: Configure OpenLDAP 2.2.19 with Berkeley 4.3.21 on Solaris
The Berkeley 4.3 seems to be the issue (at least, how I built it on my
Solaris 8 environment).
I built and installed 4.2.52 and configure, make depend and make are
Does anyone have experience with Berkeley 4.3.x? Although I am fine for
now, I would be interested why Berkeley 4.3 didn't work.
From: Tony Earnshaw [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 2:58 PM
To: Reinhard Nappert
Subject: Re: Configure OpenLDAP 2.2.19 with Berkeley 4.3.21 on Solaris
Reinhard Nappert skreiv:
> > I built Berkeley 4.3.21 and installed it in /usr/local/BerkeleyDB. I
> added "/usr/local/BerkeleyDB" to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment. Now,
> I want to configure OpenLDAP.
> I use the following command:
> env CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB/include \
> LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB/lib \ ./configure
> --prefix=/opt/openldap --with-ldbm-api=berkeley
> I have seen many posts with similar messages, but none of the
> suggestions did solve my issue. Any help is very much appreciated.
Well, I suggest that you at the very least state which OS and
distro/version you use. Bottom line: "It Works For Me On Red Hat RHAS3",
but then I also do other things on RHAS3 than you state you have done to
get it to work.