Re: windows client TLS connection failed

Lara Adianto wrote:

Hi,
I'm writing a simple ldap client for windows. I have compiled the necessary openldap library (libldap and liblber) with TLS/SSL using MSVC++ to be used by the windows client. The server is an openldap server installed in linux. Without TLS/SSL, the client can connect successfully to the server, but adding TLS (ldap_start_tls_ssl), it failed with error code 91:
ldap_start_tls_s: 91, connect error.
I installed the ca.der of the server in the windows client, and set it with:

rc = ldap_set_option(NULL, LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_CACERTFILE, cacert);

in my code. The cacert contains the location of the ca.der and the certificate is valid.

The OpenLDAP library does not use DER files, only PEM files.

--
 -- Howard Chu