Re: Access Control Lists

Thomas Campbell wrote:
| Hiya,
|

| I?m having a heck of a time trying to get my ACL?s to work properly.
|

| My goal is to be logged in as ?root? and then ?id tc? (tc is my personal
| user).
|

| Here is my ACL?s:
|

| access to attr=userPassword
|
|    by self write
|
|    by anonymous auth
|
|    by * none
|

| access to *
|
|    by self write
|
|    by users read
|
|    by * none
|

| With this ACL if I type in ?id tc? then I get back:
|

| ksh# id tc
|
| id: tc: No such user

Then, assuming you are using nss_ldap, your nss_ldap is not binding
successfully ...

If you can search the correct attributes with ldapsearch, then this is
not an openldap question, but an nss_ldap question.

Regards,
Buchan

- --
Buchan Milne                      Senior Support Technician
Obsidian Systems                  http://www.obsidian.co.za
B.Eng                                RHCE (803004789010797)