Re: BDB memory cache problem

Ralf Haferkamp wrote:

On Friday 03 December 2004 16:37, Howard Chu wrote:

Agreed. After the discussion on that email thread died out we (Symas)
went ahead and developed a locking system of our own that detects
unclean shutdowns and handles recovery automatically. It seemed there
was no interest from Sleepycat or anyone else so we have kept this as a
proprietary feature of Connexitor Directory Services.

I am interested in this feature. How did you implement it?

The above-referenced thread already described the basics of the approach
http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-devel/200309/msg00014.html

although our current implementation is not as described in that specific message. We've packaged the feature into a simple library that back-bdb calls at startup and shutdown, so the code impact is tiny.

--
 -- Howard Chu