[Date Prev][Date Next]
slapd: warning: cannot open /etc/hosts.allow: Too many open files
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: slapd: warning: cannot open /etc/hosts.allow: Too many open files
- From: Sérgio "M. Basto" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 16:35:31 +0000
- Organization: F.E.U.P - Centro de Informática Prof. Correia de Araújo
We have one implementation of openldap for 12000 accounts with 1 openldap master and 3 slaves
over ssl with versions 2.2.13 and 2.2.14
This solution is working for 4 months, now, in this days, with a very high network traffic, begins appears this little problem,
I have to stop ldap slave and restart it again.
I begging have this error on one slave on one Red had Enterprise Server AS 3 Update 3
Dec 6 15:26:30 maila slapd: warning: cannot open /etc/hosts.allow: Too many open files
Dec 6 15:26:30 maila slapd: error: bad option name: "ould"
I had made one src.rpm for this OS to run openldap 2.2.14 , others slaves and Master are in Slackware and are 2.2.13 ,
The strange is:
on slack with 2.2.13, I have more then 10 slapd processes
on Red Hat with 2.2.14, I just have only one slapd process.
This is normal ?
what I can do for Redhat open more slapd processes
I would like know what happens and What I can do to prevent this problem. When this problem occurs the users doesn't get in.