Re: TLSVerifyClient demand

On Sunday 28 November 2004 00:11, Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:
> I have all the TLS working well, but if I set the slapd.conf file on the
> server to TLSVerifyClient to demand, my SuSE workstation will not find
> users and groups in LDAP. However, I can login as root and do a
> ldapsearch -x -Z and works fine. Does this mean SuSE is not sending a
> certificate?
Did you configure nss/pam_ldap to send client certificates? For how to do that
please have a look at /etc/ldap.conf. The settings in /etc/openldap/ldap.conf
and .ldaprc don't have an effect on nss_ldap/pam_ldap.
Note: This is slightly off topic here, as nss_ldap/pam_ldap configuration is
not a topic of this list. The pam_ldap/nss_ldap lists on PADL.com might be a
better forum to discuss this.

--
Ralf Haferkamp
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5, D-90409 Nuernberg