[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: syncrepl entryuuid index
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: syncrepl entryuuid index
- From: Dusty Doris <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 11:36:09 -0500 (EST)
- In-reply-to: <41ACD8BF.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <20041130145927.P25501@mail.doris.name> <41ACD8BF.email@example.com>
> Dusty Doris wrote:
> >I have been testing syncrepl today on some lab machines using openldap
> >2.2.18. I have found it to work well as soon as I set it up. However, I
> >noticed the following in my logs whenever I added an entry to the master
> >>From the slave servers
> >slapd: <= bdb_equality_candidates: (entryUUID) index_param failed
> >I searched the archives and found a similar issue posted before. I went
> >ahead and added eq indexing to the entryUUID field and this stopped the
> >error, as suggested in the archives.
> >Is this something that should be done when using syncrepl? If so, I
> >thought about adding this to the FAQ at
> >Just wanted to make sure that this is something that you should actually
> Yes, it is definitely beneficial. I have considered adding code in
> OpenLDAP 2.3 that tries to force this by default, but it may just be
> better to document the suggestion.
Thanks for the reply and I added something about it to that FAQ.