Re: Openldap and multiples DNS updates (multimaster)

> Note that the example does not implement a multimaster system.  Each DSA
> is simultaneously master and slave, but each DSA is master of its portion
> of the tree, and slave for the rest.  So, DSAs are not equivalent,
> interchangeable, and do not guarantee any failover write capability.

Let me add, for completeness, that the same objective can likely be
obtained by glueing together the different portions of the DIT by means of
the "subordinate" directive, and using the conventional master-slave
relationship without using the so-called multimaster feature.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati
mailto:pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it