Re: need solution for batch search

Ramesh Tangudu wrote:
I am using novell api for ldap searching.

JLDAP?

Is there any feature like "batch search" in ldap?

Explain "batch search". I write clients in JLDAP to do all sorts of searches, but if you mean one where the data is returned in chunks, consider the Virtual List View and Simple Page Result controls. According to my copy of the pdf doc, the Virtual List View at least is supported by JLDAP. Information on the other control is in RFC 2696.

If you delve into controls, note the server side sorting control. If you want your paged results sorted, you would need this too. AFAIK it isn't supported in OpenLDAP, but is in JLDAP.

Jon Roberts
www.mentata.com