[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: weird performance issue
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: weird performance issue
- From: Ron Peterson <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 00:41:09 -0500
- Content-disposition: inline
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Organization: Mount Holyoke College
- References: <email@example.com> <20041129220052.GB15602@ivenue.com> <1ABD4CD2ED7A720E59E7F592@10.0.0.1> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20041130171359.T81171@mippet.ci.com.au> <41AC16A7.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <41ACAF83.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.5.6+20040722i
On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 03:10:33PM -0600, Jacob Walcik wrote:
> on a whim, i built a 2.4.x kernel for the machine (it was running
> 2.6.9). that seems to have cleared everything up. searches are now
> lightening fast. is there any sort of known issues regarding 2.6.x
> kernels and openldap?
I would suspect an issue w/ the network driver/configuration. Duplex
mismatch problems can be a real b****, although that wouldn't explain
performance problems on localhost. Are there any iptables rules?
Anyway, starting to veer OT, and you're all better now anyway.
Network & Systems Manager
Mount Holyoke College