Re: OpenLDAP 2.2.19 + BerkeleyDB 4.3.21

--On Tuesday, November 30, 2004 9:25 AM +0100 Nacho Diaz Asenjo <nacho@di.uc3m.es> wrote:

Quanah Gibson-Mount dijo lo siguiente el 29/11/04 20:59:

Did you slapcat and then slapadd the database? BDB 4.2 created
databases are not compatible with BDB 4.3 databases.

Yes I've created the databases by slapadd and a ldif file.

Also note that there are several issues in BDB 4.3.21, I seriously
recommend waiting until sleepycat releases a 4.3 patchset to move to
BDB 4.3.

I thought BDB 4.3.21 was tested to use it with OpenLDAP...mmm thanks for your advise, I'll go on with BDB 4.2.

The changes in API calls for BDB 4.3 were made to OpenLDAP to ensure that it works with BDB as Sleepycat has documented it. However, validation of the functionality of Sleepycat's software is generally done by all the disparate users of that software. ;)

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html