Re: Openldap 2.2.19 cannot find db-4.3.21

--On Tuesday, November 30, 2004 1:03 PM -0500 Igor Brezac <igor@ipass.net> wrote:

BDB 4.3.21 is not self-contained. This is a bug with the sleepycat build process.

In the meaning time, you can build openldap as follow:

LIBS=-lrt ./configure ....

Did you also build BDB 4.3.21 with -mcpu=v9?

Well, since you asked about bugs in 4.3.21, this is one of the ones I reported. ;)

Another bug I found involves using the in-memory logs as a replacement for DB_TXN_NOSYNC. If you have a DB with more than approximately 66,000 entries, and you add it with the in-memory logs, the add will fail.

Sleepycat also mentioned in passing in one of my email exchanges with them that they have several other patches for 4.3.21 as well.

Performance testing on 4.3.21 found it to be markedly slower on Solaris than 4.2.52 as well.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Product Engineer