Re: weird performance issue

If this is berkeley 4.1, make sure you apply the patches to the Berkeley
libraries. I ran into some cache corruption issues without the patches.
(they aren't applied by default.) I started mucking around with the db
variables but in the end I think I just let it run as default.

I got like a 30% performance gain using bdb over ldbm but we are just
using it for authorization.

It really sounds like an indexing problem. I would load that sucker with
ldapadd.. I think I tried using slapindex once and it corrupted the
indexes and I didn't think it was safe to use it on an open database.
(although that may have changed between 2.1.8 and 2.1.30)

  Sean O'Malley, Information Technologist
  Michigan State University