Re: [newbie question] - avoiding db corruption

Compile it from scratch. Most dists do not have the newest packages,
and Gentoo usually has the newest packages of any distro.

Brock

--
"There is one and only one social responsibility of business - to use
its resources and engage in activities designed to increase its