Re: attribute-size, database-size

Hello Werner,

Werner Ginzky <ginzky@web.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> we are not sure, if a specially solution is well done with ldap. For
> that, we
> have some questions and hope to get some answers here :-).
>
> In a attribute should be saved text, but that could be about 1 to 3
> pages of.
> text. Is it possible to do that?

In principal, yes that can be done.

> What would be the description for the attribute?

The syntax could be directory string. In cosine.schema (based on
rfc1274) there is an object class document, which you may extend

> It would be german text, so we have to use specially german letters. How
> should be the description for the attribute?

The text has to be UTF-8 encoded, the appropriate syntax is therefor
directory string.

> The objects could be about 1000 numbers. Could 1 openldap-server
> manage that?

That depends on your hardware, but to handle a few thausend objects is
not a great task.

> How will be the performance, when about 600 person will use the database
> each 3 times a day (only reading)?

Depends on your hardware and the client behaviour,test it.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
http://www.dkluenter.de