Re: How to get the Directory's last modification time?

Hi,

Bruno Negrão <vpopmail@engepel.com.br> writes:

> Hi Tony and Dierter,
>
>>> ldapsearch -b cn=modify,cn=operations,cn=monitor -s base \
>>> modifyTimestamp
>>> So, If I use the ldapsearch above will I know when my directory was last
>>> modified?
>>
>> Yes, if your Openldap version supports it.
>
> Tony, ou answered "Yes"(since i install a newer openldap version) but
> Dieter Klünter answered "NO". See bellow what he answered:
>
>> Sorry I gave a wrong information. The monitor backend is not storing
>> the modify timestamp, yet, but only the number of operations. The
>> 'lastmod' overlay, which is part of HEAD, is providing something
>> similar.

[...]
> Now tell me - who is right?
> I'll reinstall my openldap to enable the monitor backend only if this
> can solve my problem. Does it solve, or it doesn't?

It's Friday, so excuse Tony :-)
No, with the monitor backend you cannot read the monitored timestamp,
but only the number of modifying operations. But with the lastmod
overlay you can get the timestamp of the last modify operation.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
http://www.dkluenter.de