Re: How to get the Directory's last modification time?

Hi Tony and Dierter,

ldapsearch -b cn=modify,cn=operations,cn=monitor -s base \
modifyTimestamp
So, If I use the ldapsearch above will I know when my directory was last
modified?

Yes, if your Openldap version supports it.

Tony, ou answered "Yes"(since i install a newer openldap version) but Dieter Klünter answered "NO". See bellow what he answered:

Sorry I gave a wrong information. The monitor backend is not storing
the modify timestamp, yet, but only the number of operations. The
'lastmod' overlay, which is part of HEAD, is providing something
similar.

-Dieter

Now tell me - who is right?
I'll reinstall my openldap to enable the monitor backend only if this can solve my problem. Does it solve, or it doesn't?

Thank you,
bruno.