Re: Is the Redhat's openldap distribution broken?

* Andreas Hasenack <andreas@conectiva.com.br> [1152 15:52]:
> On Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 03:31:27PM +0000, Dick Davies wrote:
> > * Andreas Hasenack <andreas@conectiva.com.br> [1103 14:03]:

> > > Why would you need devel files (include files and libbla.so link) on a server?
> >
> > To compile packages?
>
> Not on MY server. It doesn't even have gcc.

Yeah, I know lots of people like that, and I've never understood
it. If the server lets you copy files up, you can just install one,
and a secure box shouldn't be bothered by any userland stuff
running anyway. If gcc was suid I could see your point...

And of course it makes working around crappy rpms that much
harder :)

Sorry if we're OT now..

--
The heroes claimed that they did care about people getting shot,
so they crashed their cars into them instead. - DNA, on 'Starsky and Hutch'