RE: Foreign Key Attributes w/ LDAP

[...]

> > I am not very current on this but... LDAP does not support (or didn't
> > support) any concept of referential integrity.  I have heard of a
> > proposal to add such a functionality but don't really know where it is

Over the course of this past year we (Symas) developed overlays to handle
referential integrity, attribute uniqueness, and in-directory password
policy functions. They are checked into the OpenLDAP CVS tree, but currently
only available in HEAD and in our CDS packages. I don't know if any of them
will help you with the problem you are trying to solve, but I wanted to
point out that these features are available in OpenLDAP today.

It's not clear to me what you mean by "link attributes in different
directories to one another". Can you please describe the behavior you are
trying to achieve?

Matthew Hardin
Symas Corporation
http://www.symas.com