Re: OpenLDAP as an enterprise level LDAP provider

--On Wednesday, November 24, 2004 2:23 PM -0600 "Richard L. Goerwitz III" <richard@Goerwitz.com> wrote:

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

This looks like it got cut off, but Stanford has been using OpenLDAP as
its enterprise LDAP service for over a year now.

Just out of curiosity: What version? And were any particular patches or changes needed? Or is it a stock OpenLDAP installation?

If there's a whitepaper on Stanford's setup, it would be neat if
you could post it.

It is all documented on the Stanford Directory Services website I write. We started testing with OpenLDAP 2.1.4, and released somewhere in the 2.1 teens. We are now up to 2.2.18.

<http://www.stanford.edu/services/directory/>

I have a whole history section, etc.

--Quanah

--