Re: OpenLDAP as an enterprise level LDAP provider

--On Wednesday, November 24, 2004 4:41 PM -0200 Andreas Hasenack <andreas@conectiva.com.br> wrote:

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 10:28:08AM -0800, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Wednesday, November 24, 2004 11:20 AM -0600 "Fortin, John {PBG}"
<John.Fortin@pepsi.com> wrote:

> First of this, this message is = intended to open a discussion about
> using OpenLDAP in the = enterprise. I do not want to start a flame war
> concerning the = pros and cons of various LDAP implementations.
> Currently we are using OpenLDAP as our = initial implementation for
> authentication and authorization with = Weblogic and other J2EE
> providers for our enterprise application. = Our initial rollout was
> successful, although we did not have a large = population of users in
> the directory (

This looks like it got cut off, but Stanford has been using OpenLDAP as
its  enterprise LDAP service for over a year now.

The original email had a "<" character right there after the "(", expressing "(<1000)", maybe your webmail got confused thinking it was an html tag? :)

OT, but I don't use a webmail, and I view all my email in plain text, not HTML format. :)

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer