Why is the difference of "objectclass: organization" and "objectclass: domain"?

I usually add a "objectclass: top" for structural compliance, at least
for Top level definitions.

I have observed that on Solaris9/8 boxes, I have to use "objectclass:
domain" and add also "nisDomain: ..." (for Solaris compatibility?),
whereas on RedHat Linux, I have to use "objectclass: organization".

dn: dc=example,dc=com
objectclass: top
# For RedHat use the next line
#objectclass: organization
# For Solaris use the next line
objectclass: domain
objectClass: nisDomainObject
nisDomain: example.com
objectclass: dcObject
o: Example Companies
dc: example

Anyone bother to explain why it is so? Why is the difference of
"objectclass: organization" and "objectclass: domain"?

I hope this is OpenLDAP related.

Rgds
Gary