JLDAP Failure When Sending Request

Hello,

I am trying to debug an issue with JLDAP. I have a simple java program which uses jldap to:
1. Connect to an LDAP Server
2. Bind
3. Perform a search which returns a single entry
4. Close the connection

This program executes this sequence every 500 ms. Seemingly randomly I get the following exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.novell.ldap.Message.putReply(Message.java:328)
at com.novell.ldap.Connection$ReaderThread.run(Connection.java:1204)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Is this a bug in JLDAP, or is it being caused by a problem in the connection?

Thanks for the help!!!!!!!

Marc Boorshtein
Sr. Software Engineer, Octet String
marc.boorshtein@octetstring.com