Hooks for handling SSL/TLS session etc in application

I want to write and LDAP client that use TLS and have an external session cache
that are preserved between program invocations. When I looked at the TLS module
source I didn't find any support for hooking in external routines for session management
which means I would have to modify the OpenLDAP  lib source (something that I really would like
to avoid since it would be a pain every time I want to upgrade the library)
After some searching on the web I found a discussion with the OpenLDAP developers from
2002 about adding possibilities for external session handling (http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-devel/200209/msg00072.html),
but nothing after that. Does anyone know what the current status is on this issue ?

/Leif

--

Leif Thuresson                  Email:   leif.thuresson@tfstech.com
TFS Technology AB               Phone:   +46  18 160046

Leif Thuresson
TFS Technology AB
Kungsängsv. 19
753 23 Uppsala, Sweden

+46 18 16 00 00 (Main)
+46 18 16 00 10 (Support)
+46 18 12 43 34 (Fax)

TFS Secure Messaging Server is now available as a freeware!
Read more: http://www.tfstech.com