RE: Building openldap with overlays

copy the ppolicy.c >source to the 2.2.18 build tree and build it there.

Right, thanks.  That works now, and all the tests are okay.  Hurrah!

However I now have one (hopefully) small issue with access controls...

If I use the ldappasswd command to update a users password it works fine
if I bind as the rootdn, but refuses to work if I bind as the user
themselves, i.e.

ldappasswd -Z -x -D "uid=user,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com" -w oldpw -a
oldpw -s newpw

I get
Result: Insufficient access (50)

Looking at the logs I can see (trimmed)
acl_mask: access to entry "uid=user,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com", attr
"pwdChangedTime" requested
access_allowed: write access denied by read(=rscx)

Now this is clearly because my slapd.conf only allows 'self write'
access to userPassword, whereas the test slapd.conf allows 'access to *
by self write'.
pwdChangedTime is an operational attribute, so I don't seem to be able
to set ACL's on it in slapd.conf (other than with a wildcard).  Also I
would have thought that it is not desirable to give a user write access
to the password expiry control information in their own account(?)

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000
business.