Re: Building openldap with overlays

Ah, right.

You cannot build the module in HEAD and use it with 2.2.18. You must copy the ppolicy.c source to the 2.2.18 build tree and build it there.

Kevin Spicer wrote:

On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 01:15, Kevin Spicer wrote:

On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 00:17, Howard Chu wrote:

Kevin Spicer wrote:

building ppolicy in CVS HEAD as a module then attempting to use the
module with 2.2.18. Just said it couldn't find the overlay. (I

wasn't

really expecting it to work, but was getting desperate)

Did you load the module (use moduleload in slapd.conf) ?

Okay, I've now got the module to load, but unfortunately it still isn't working. Attempting to use the ppolicy module from HEAD with the 2.2.18 slapd results in as segmentation fault as soon as a query is attempted (as far as I can tell with gdb it appears to be segfaulting on ppolicy_bind or ppolicy_unbind - I've seen it do both). This is on both Solaris 9 x86 [ my target production system is Solaris 9 sparc ] and linux (Mandrake 9.2 base). Unfortunately using slapd from HEAD isn't an option as it doesn't seem to like several previously valid configuration file directives (like the defaultsearchbase and TLS options), as well as the fact I'm not keen on using bleeding edge code in production ;)

I presume the problems I'm having with segfaults are due to something
that changed in the overlay stuff between 2.2.18 and now(?) but frankly
right now I'm stumped.

--
 -- Howard Chu