Re: Web Interface to add new users..

On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 15:13, Buchan Milne wrote:

> Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> | On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 11:00, Tay, Gary wrote:
> |
> |>.	LDAP Browser/Editor: http://www.iit.edu/~gawojar/ldap/ (Java
> |>App)
> |>
> |>*       PHP-LDAP-ADMIN: http://freshmeat.net/projects/phpldapadmin/ (Web
> |>Interface)
> |
> | I'm using PHP-LDAP-ADMIN right now, GQ doesn't work (no strong
> | authentication available error) and Directoryadministrator just plain
> | can't connect (Protocol error)
>
> IIRC DirectoryAdministrator is only LDAPv2 (so you would need to add
> 'allow bind_v2' to your slapd.conf if you wanted to se it).

I see

> gq works fine for me ...

Does it need to be started in any special ways? ACLs?

> | If I needed to _batch_ add users, what are my choices?
>
> It depends where from ...

> | I'm thinking of making a bash script that will populate into a LDIF
> | template and then cat >> into it before using ldapadd to import it.
> |
> | Maybe there's a more elegent solution?
>
> MigrationTools (if you're batch adding from existing passwd/shadow/group
> files or NIS) or perl-ldap or python-ldap or one of many other possible

Well, it's more like when I need to batch add _new_ users into the
database. The Mighration script works well enough.

Though I can't see why I can't just create a dummy /etc/passwd
/etc/shadow file and then using that as the files to be used for
mighration and ldapadd them.

--
Ow Mun Heng
Gentoo/Linux on D600 1.4Ghz