Re: Active Directory port ? to be contacted by slurpd

Dieter Kluenter wrote:

I remember vaguely a thread earlier this year, where back-ldap had
been used as upload proxy and attribute rewrite engine.

We're using it (Carleton College) to do schema mapping and attribute rewriting. It's great. It allows me to make several back-end LDAP services look like a single service, and offer a schema/attributes that in fact don't exist, combined, on any one of the back-end LDAP servers.

(You could see this as ugly, but it's short term.  And it performs
remarkably reliably and well.)

--

Richard L. Goerwitz III		   Email: Richard.Goerwitz@Carleton.edu
Phone: +1 507 646 5526				   Fax: +1 507 646 4537