Re: Active Directory port ? to be contacted by slurpd

I got a feeling that the credentials parameter doesn't fit in this setup, now I know why :-) this setup uses certificate instead.

OK, thanks a load Mike for the detailed info, I'll follow this through and document everything once I succeed.

Dieter - thanks, I'll see if that's part of the problem as well.

If anyone still have something to say regarding this, do please feel free to let me know.

Many thanks, Harry

Hutchins, Mike wrote:
In order to be able to set some properties in AD (using SSL) one of two
things needs to be true;
1.) The machine making the connection needs to be a member of that
GC/DC's domain, OR

2.) A cert from the target GC/DC needs to be created and installed on
the machine making the connection. (see links) hope this helps.
247078 How To Enable Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Communication over LDAP

321051 How to enable LDAP over SSL with a third-party Certification

254610 System Event ID 36876 When Using LDAP SSL Query of the Active

273753 Description of the LDAP API over SSL requirements

883639 An LDAP connection to a CA or an LDAP bind to a CA is completed