Re: Number of lockers

Nacho Diaz Asenjo wrote:

Thanks Howard.

I had already put in my DB_CONFIG file this values

set_lk_max_locks 2000
set_lk_max_lockers 2000
set_lk_max_objects 2000

Just double value, by default I've read it was 1000. Do you refer this when you recommend me that page( http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/893.html)?

But number of lockers increase day by day ... now its value is about 250 but in two weeks my OpenLDAP will get 2000 lockers because this value never decrease. And then my OpenLDAP will crash beause of this error "Lock table is out of available locker entries". This force me to run db_recover almost twice a month.

OK. Perhaps you should file an ITS on this matter. On an idle system there should be only two lockers per thread, plus 2 or 3 per open database handle. On an active system the number will increase but it should be freeing them as the operations complete.

You should also include your BDB configuration from slapd.conf, any DB_CONFIG file settings, and also the output of db_stat -CA in your bug report.

--
 -- Howard Chu