Re: Number of lockers

See the FAQ http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/893.html
and the Sleepycat documentation

Nacho Diaz Asenjo wrote:

 Hi!

I've installed OpenLDAP 2.2.17+BerkeleyDB 4.2.52 in a Compaq Server with 2 processors PIII 350Mhz, and about each two weeks my servers fail due to a Berkeley PANIC that I solve running db_recover.

I want to know, how could I decrease the number of lockers in BerkeleyDB 4.2.52?

If I run db_stat -c over openldap data directory and I obtain this output

# /usr/local/BerkeleyDB-4.2.52/bin/db_stat -c
32      Number of current locks.
176     Maximum number of locks at any one time.
229     Number of current lockers.
231     Maximum number of lockers at any one time.
14      Number of current lock objects.
175     Maximum number of lock objects at any one time.

229 Number of current lockers ... this value is increansing contianually, and when this value reach the maximum (1000 or 2000) then OpenLDAP crash. I can't get it down.

 Thanks.

--
 -- Howard Chu