Re: SUMMARY: Problems with slapd and bdb on IRIX 6.5.25

Mark,

The reason BDB-4.2.52 doesn't work for you is that on IRIX, it detects that
O_DIRECT is a valid flag, but it doesn't follow the rules that Irix makes
when using that flag (ie.  buffer-alignment).  The way to overcome this is
to do the following:

env   db_cv_open_o_direct=no   ../dist/configure [args]

This will force it to not use the O_DIRECT flag (for DB-4.2.52).  This
should then allow the tests to run successfully.  This information was
given to me directly from support@sleepycat.com.

Darin Broady
dbroady@lexmark.com
Lexmark International, Inc.

|---------+------------------------------------>
|         |           Mark Andrews             |
|         |           <mandrews4@sympatico.ca> |
|         |           Sent by:                 |
|         |           owner-openldap-software@O|
|         |           penLDAP.org              |
|         |                                    |
|         |                                    |
|         |           11/14/2004 06:43 PM      |
|         |                                    |
|---------+------------------------------------>
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                               |
  |       To:       Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@stanford.edu>                                                     |
  |       cc:       OpenLDAP-software@OpenLDAP.org                                                                |
  |       Subject:  Re: SUMMARY: Problems with slapd and bdb on IRIX 6.5.25                                       |

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> You can't do this, really.  It may compile, but there are specific
> patches in the OpenLDAP head tree to make OpenLDAP compatible with
> changes between BDB 4.2 & 4.3.

The OpenLDAP configure script performs a sanity check against the
version of the BDB library. Is that not sufficient? I would rather use
the recommended
BDB 4.2, but it's not working for me. I'm posting an article to the
berkeley db newsgroup to see if we can figure out what the problem is
with OpenLDAP
and BDB 4.2 on my system.

I'll take a look at the OpenLDAP source for the patches you're referring
to. Thanks for the tip.