Re: slapd 100% cpu

There's a bug fix related to syncrepl persistent search in 2.2.18. I suggest you try that and see if it helps you any.

In general, reporting problems with anything besides the latest release is not useful. Frequently bugs that people hit in older releases get fixed long before users ever notice.

Justin Lambert wrote:

I am working on replacing our openldap 2.0 servers with 2.2.17 servers. I am having a problem with the provider taking 100% cpu after the first consumer connects and replicates. Everything is fine until a change is made on the provider. Restarting the provider server does not fix the problem either, I have to remove the dbd files in order to fix the problem. Everything on the provider was added with ldapadd and are simple objects (organization and organizationalunits). I have not configured a sessionlog on the provider since from what I have seen on the mailing list it doesn't look like it is necessary. I am not sure where to go from here in order to debug this problem.

Thanks,
jl

provider slapd.conf: database bdb suffix "o=computility" rootdn "cn=Manager,o=computility" rootpw secret directory /var/lib/ldap index objectClass eq

consumer slapd.conf:
database bdb
suffix "o=dev9,o=computility"
rootdn "cn=Manager,o=dev9,o=computility"
rootpw secret
directory /var/lib/ldap
index objectClass,uidNumber,gidNumber,mailAlternateAddress,uid,dc eq
index cn,mail eq,subinitial
syncrepl rid=123
provider=ldap://192.168.1.238:389
type=refreshAndPersist
interval=00:00:00:10
searchbase="o=dev9,o=computility"
filter="(objectclass=*)"
scope=sub
schemachecking=off
updatedn="cn=Manager,o=dev9,o=computility"
bindmethod=simple
binddn="cn=Manager,o=computility"
credentials=secret

--