Re: SUMMARY: Problems with slapd and bdb on IRIX 6.5.25

--On Sunday, November 14, 2004 5:47 PM -0500 Mark Andrews <mandrews4@sympatico.ca> wrote:

Hello again,

Some of you may recall my efforts to successfully compile openldap 2.2.18
in the following enivironment:

Operating system: IRIX 6.5.25m
Compiler: gcc 3.3
Berkeley DB 4.2 compiled and installed in /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2
Cyrus SASL 2.1.20 compiled and installed in /usr/local
Using GNU make 3.80 instead of IRIX make

Everything compiled and linked find, but when I ran "make test", something
in the Berkeley DB backend was failing.

I updated the version of Berkeley DB from 4.2.52 to the just released
4.3.21

You can't do this, really. It may compile, but there are specific patches in the OpenLDAP head tree to make OpenLDAP compatible with changes between BDB 4.2 & 4.3.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer