Re: Whats the best way to get started

fre, 12.11.2004 kl. 16.50 skrev Michael Gargiullo:

> I've done a bunch of reading on the subject, but am having trouble
> deciding the best route to take.
>
> We have 4+ domain names, and we'd like to list our users in an LDAP
> directory so our mail servers, and mail-firewall can do a lookup to see
> if the recipient is a valid user. This is the only purpose for the LDAP
> directory at this point, but it's uses may be expanded in the future.
>
> Any idea how I should structure the container(s)?  At first I set up 4
> containers (one for each domain name), but that didn't seem right.

Johan Vriesman (http://www.vriesman.tk/) has a wacky Postfix/Openldap
approach to this problem. As kids in England, we had more or less the
same approach when writing our addresses in our school books, suffixed
with "the world", "the universe".  Otherwise, there'd appear to be
myriads of different conventional solutions, also aired on this list.
Try searching the archives.

--Tonni

--
«Livet er ein gamp», sa øyken.
I can confirm this.

mail: tonye@billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl

They love us, don't they, They feed us, won't they ...