Re: openldap (or is it nss_ldap?) not answering

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 18:11:27 -0800, Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:
> Three points:
>   1) OpenLDAP 2.1 is now historic, no longer recommended or supported.

Well, more than unstable I can't go :)  I'll file a bug to debian to tell them.

>   2) even when everything is working correctly, using back-ldbm exposes
> you to the possibility of these hangs occurring from time to time.
>   3) if you want excellent performance you should use back-bdb or
> back-hdb, and you cannot run with the default settings unless your total
> database is about 512KB or less.

I can switch backend, I am ready to try this.  Is there a
best-practice somewhere for the switch?  I couldn't find any.  Or is
it just a matter of slapcat > db.ldif and then slapadd ?

regards
stef