Re: Server crash - Where'd my data go?

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Josiah Ritchie wrote:

It seems that slapd is fine, it just doesn't recognize the existence of data. Any help or suggestions to rotrieve data would be great. I can fall to backup, but I'm not confident in it as it may have been compromised during the power failure also.

I don't know how to answer your primary question, sorry. But you should probably at least try to recover your backup and see if its good. If your backup procedure can't be validated then its not a backup. :)

(I've lost plenty of data in my day because of backups I was confidant in that turned out to be useless, so I'm not trying to ding you for not checking your backups already.)

--
</chris>

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. -Bertrand
Russell, philosopher, mathematician, author, Nobel laureate (1872-1970)