Indexing problems

In my slapd.conf, I have the following indexes set up:
index           objectClass             eq
index           cn,sn,mail              eq,sub
index           departmentNumber        eq

 index           uidNumber                       eq
 index           gidNumber                       eq
 index           memberUID                       eq
 index           uniqueMember                    eq
 index           uid                             eq
 index           sambaSID                        eq
 index           sambaPrimaryGroupSID            eq
 index           sambaDomainName                 eq
 index           objectClass                     pres,eq
 index           default                         sub
 cachesize       2000

I have a few of them that are 'not working' or something -- I get the
following type of messages:
Nov 10 11:30:22 oink slapd[2802]: <= bdb_equality_candidates: (uidNumber)
index_param failed (18)

I have run slapindex repeatedly and it finishes with no errors and quickly.  I
have only 126 entries in my LDAP tree.  Is the above message a problem or
should I just ignore it?

Thanks,
Misty