params_cache_rsa

We recently noticed on 2 of our slapd servers the file
/var/run/slapd/params_cache_rsa file was disappearing.  I see a cron job
that runs daily removing both that file and params_cache_dh.
params_cache_dh seems to get recreated but params_cache_rsa does not.
With this file missing, ldaps connection attempts fail and cause slapd
to hang.

What should be recreating the params_cache_rsa file and when?

What are these files used for?

Note: we are running openldap 2.1.30-2 with libgnutls11 1.0.16-8 (both out
of backports) on debian stable.

Thank you for your help.

--
Amy Tanner
AHPCRC

This message may contain proprietary or privileged information and is
intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient
of this message, you are notified that any distribution, use of or
copying of this message is prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender immediately.