Re: ACL : give a user the right to create objects, but to modify only those he created

François Beretti writes:
> I want to give my users the right to create objects of a given class,
> without giving them the right to modify those created by other users
> For the second part I can use the creatorsName attribute, but I don't
> know how I can make a deifference between the right to create an entry
> and the right to modify it.

See OPERATION REQUIREMENTS in slapd.access(5):

     The add operation requires  write  (=w)  privileges  on  the
     pseudo-attribute  entry  of the entry being added, and write
     (=w) privileges on  the  pseudo-attribute  children  of  the
     entry's parent.

     The modify operation requires write (=w) privileges  on  the
     attibutes being modified.

--
Hallvard