Re: OpenLDAP: ACL : urgent

Hi,

If you have only three trees, AACLs are not the right stuff. But if your trees design is more complex and you want to be able to modify the rights,
just by modifying entry values, AACLs are fine. Look at your example :

c=MY
   o=A
       ou=a1
            uid=john
   o=B
       ou=a2
   o=C
       ou=a3

with an attribute in o=A,c=MY which specify the accessible trees, something like

dn: o=A,c=MY
<.../>
access: o=B,c=MY
<.../>

In this case, AACLs could be nice. Just for fun, the AACLs expression :

and((and("o=A,c=MY",sup("$authorDN",0))).access,sup("$targetDN",0))

With this expression, you can link the john entry and any entry which is under the o=B,c=MY.

A more "beautiful" example would be : if you design your trees to have a ou=Users
branch, then the relation would be more generic :

and((sup("$authorDN",2)).access,sup("$targetDN",0))

Regards,

Sébastien.

Sivasakthi a écrit :

managed to solve my problem..........

my solution basically is yes, getting the rite ACL....after trial n
error...got the rite combination
created ldappasswd for dn="<attr>,cn=X,ou=a3,o=C,c=MY"

access to dn.base="ou=a3,o=C,c=MY" by users read
access to dn.children="cn=X,ou=a3,o=C,c=MY"
   by anonymous auth
   by * none
access to * by * read

.sakthi